So your wedding day is fast approaching and you will be posing for literally hundreds of photos and probably a video or two on your wedding day. How can you flash your best smile in every one? Apparently it just takes a little practice. The ideal smile is one that shows the upper teeth and not too much of the gums. Examine your smile a couple of months before your wedding, and give these tips from Martha Stewart weddings a try
1) Tilting your head to one side as you pose. Most people don’t have perfect symmetry to their faces or smiles, your smile may be more flattering if you’re not facing the camera straight on. Look at photos of yourself and study the ones you like in order to see which angle best accentuates your smile. Remember practice makes perfect and smiling often can never be a bad thing!
2) Smile with your teeth slightly parted, about one pinky-finger-width apart, says New York cosmetic dentist Jeff Golub-Evans. “If your top and bottom teeth aren’t separated, your smile can look forced. This trick will help it seem more natural.”– we think that this is a top tip!
3) Running your tongue over your front teeth to moisten them just before the picture is snapped. All that smiling will make the teeth dehydrated and dull, so lick or sip some water to sparkle.
4) Try and wear a creamy lipstick that has some shine to it. It will reflect light and make your smile look brighter, a matte formula will absorb light and may look too dark.
5) Practice your smile in front of the mirror each day, pay attention to how much of your teeth you show, says New York City cosmetic dentist Lana Rozenberg. When you find the most complimentary look, keep practicing until you can do it without thinking.
6) This tip from New York City photographer John Dolan suggests you keep moving while being photographed so you’ll look natural in wedding portraits. Holding the same pose for every shot can make your expression appear stiff so move around a little.
What is Six Month Smile and is it the best option for you?
Six month Smile is a pioneering new development from America and it has revolutionised the methods for teeth straightening using specialised clear braces to gently straighten and align teeth in an average time of just six months. Overall the treatment aims to reduce cost, save time and give great results. Now you can get the smile you deserve in an average time of just six months. If you’re an adult that would like to improve the appearance of crooked, misaligned or gappy teeth in the minimum amount of time, without the hassle and inconvenience of traditional brace methods or invasive dental treatments; then Six Month Smile could be the best option for you.
Are there finance options available?
We offer a range of finance options so you can spread the cost of treatment for peace of mind. Our most popular finance option for Six Month Smiles is our 12 month 0% interest offer. If you would like to repay over a longer amount of time we also offer finance at a competitive 9.9APR from 24 up to 60 months. You can calculate what to borrow and the monthly costs on our handy finance calculator.
How soon can I have straight teeth?
Treatment time is from 4 to 9 months, with the average treatment time of just 6 months. With conventional braces the average treatment is between 18 months and 2 years, that’s why Six Month Smile is such a popular choice for adults. Once you have been in for your consultation the dentist will be able to give you an idea of how long they expect the treatment to take.
Why choose us?
- We have a great reputation. Our practice grows on word of mouth referrals not fancy marketing, gimmicks and offers. We simply deliver what we promise in a professional and friendly.
- We are upfront about all of our fees. The price we give you includes the consultation, Six Month Smile treatment appointments whether it takes 4, 6 or 9 months. Any necessary xrays, review appointments and after care. It’s included in your tailored made treatment plan, so there are no surprises.
- Included in all of our Six Month Smiles is a double retention system. Once you have invested time and money into creating your beautiful new smile you don’t want your teeth to move again. Our double retention system offers you peace of mind that your smile is here to stay.
- Included in our package is tooth whitening. We find it’s the perfect treatment to compliment your new smile and really give it the wow factor.
If you would like to book a consultation or have any questions our reception team are on hand to take your call 01162891317
I have been meaning to send you a thank you card sooner! As you know I had problems with tooth infections and a capped tooth. I had to make decisions on how to go forward. There were a few calls and visits to you and you all took the time to explain things which helped me decide what to do. I am now just 16 days away from getting my implant. Thank you for all of your help.
Have a dental problem you would like some help or advice with? Then get in touch with our friendly team.
When was the last time you experienced really great customer care? Would you agree that nowadays wow customer care experiences are spoken about more often due to their rarity than negative ones. Have we become so accustomed to mediocre or bad customer care that it’s now just expected?
Choosing a dentist
Being a dental practice in Leicester we understand that just googling dentist can be scary, so often people look through the list of dentists on google and feel perhaps too overwhelmed to call, delaying until another day and possibly putting their dental health at risk. Most of us have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a grumpy receptionist or two! We aim to be a dentist with a difference at Smile Essential Dental Practice that is why from from the moment you pick up the phone and give us a call or drop us an email your patient journey begins and our award winning customer care begins.
“ I felt as though an invisible force at Smile Essential like they were holding my hand through my whole trip at the dentist”
A wow dentist
We like to maintain our customer care with our existing patients, also ensuring that their journey to the dentist not only helps to keep their mouth healthy and teeth shiny. But our aim is to wow you at every dental visit! A welcoming smile is just standard at Smile Essential Dental Practice but we like to add something extra into your trip to the dentist whether that’s giving you an option of Pina-colada tooth polish, travel toothpastes for your holidays or perhaps just giving your teeth a magic coat of our desensitising serum; we aim to please.
Also knowing that your in the hand of a true professional’s. Our dentists ongoing commitment and passion for dentistry is outstanding! Continually expanding their dental knowledge they bring you in-depth treatments, in a hi-tech and modern environment. You might be surprised by the number of different treatments now available with us.
Award winning dentist
Smile Essential Dental Practice Practice was awarded a top industry customer service award last year in March, based on feedback from WhatClinic.com customers over a period of 12 months. Only dental clinics that have an outstanding record of service and superior patient satisfaction record meet the high standards set by the online search engine. Patients rated dental clinics based on how well the practice had treated them, how quickly they were contacted and seen, and how happy they were with the treatment carried out on their teeth.
Principal Dentist Niket Patel said “We are delighted to be recognised for our continuing commitment to customer service and patient care.”
WhatClinic.com CEO Caelen King congratulated Smile Essential Dental Practice and said “These awards are based on real customer feedback, over many months. Last year, 15.2 million people from 237 countries and territories visited WhatClinic.com to help find the right clinic.
Do you need a dentist in Leicester?
If you need a dentist in Leicester then why not start your experience and our award winning customer care by getting in touch with our friendly team 0116 2891317 or drop us an email.
Just how did wisdom teeth get their name?
Are they smarter than the rest of your teeth? Well wisdom teeth, or third molars, can be seen all the way at the back of the jaw. They are called wisdom teeth because they are the final teeth to develop. Third molars have been called the ‘teeth of wisdom’ since the 17th Century and later in the 19th century it evolved to just ‘wisdom teeth’.
Generally wisdom teeth appear between the ages of 17 and 25, the age where people reach adulthood, it is thought that they are called as such because they appear during the age when a person is much “wiser” than when the other teeth have erupted. We can see that the eruption of the wisdom teeth is a sign that you have gone way past the carefree days of being a child and you have entered the realm of responsible adulthood. Most adults have four wisdom teeth. However, it is also natural to have fewer.
Why do we have wisdom teeth?
Having wisdom teeth were once extremely useful, but now, it serves a little purpose because of the change in our dietary needs. As time went on, our eating habits have also changed. Coarse food was once in our diet, which caused teeth to wear down. As the teeth take up lesser space in the jaw over time, they were forced to work harder and develop a larger bone. This instance created room for the wisdom teeth in the mouth for them to come in. Nowadays, processed food and modern changes in dentistry made the wisdom teeth less important because of the reduced wearing down of the teeth, causing less space in the jaw for the wisdom teeth to be accommodated.
Will I need to have the wisdom teeth taken out?
No, if there is enough room they will usually come through into a useful position and cause no more problems than any other tooth. Once wisdom teeth were taken out routinely now dentists try to leave them alone if they aren’t causing frequent problems.
Will it hurt when the wisdom teeth come through?
Sometimes there will be some slight discomfort as they come through, but this is only temporary and will disappear once the tooth is fully in position. Often the teeth can move a little then stop for a few weeks or several months then come through a little more, causing temporary discomfort. Food and plaque trapping around the wisdom teeth is another common problem which can cause discomfort but with thorough toothbrushing and a good mouthwash this can keep problems at bay.
Remember if you have any concerns about your wisdom teeth and if you are cleaning them properly or worried that they may need to be removed then speak to your dentist.
Well what a surprise and delight!
A ring at the doorbell, a parcel just for me and a lovely message spelt out in Thorntons super alphabet chocolates! They were beautifully presented with a brown organza bow, so looked spectacular as well as tasted delicious. It was so fitting that they came at this special time of year.
Thank you, thank you dear Lina and dear Shrik and the dear team. It was a privilege being looked after by you, only the very best of tip top dental treatment. You absolutely always made me feel that I had your total care, attention and detailed skill. I could not have had better dentistry, a dearer dental nurse to reassure me or better care from ‘behind the counter’.
I shall always remember you- I have known Dawn from coming to the dentist for such a long time.
Love from Sue