Thread Lifts » Silhouette Soft
Summary Of Your Treatment
*Results may vary
Silhouette Soft® is an innovative technology with a double lifting and regenerating effect, through the action of re-absorbed sutures with bidirectional cones. Made in the USA, Silhouette Soft® was developed on the back of 6 years of experience in the use of suspension sutures with cones in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. It is made of Polylactic and glycolic acid. These components are totally re-absorbable in 18-24 months.
The development of Silhouette Soft® is based on six years of experience in suture suspension with cones used in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery in the US. Silhouette Soft® is made in Michigan in the USA and is subject to numerous sanitary controls. Silhouette Soft® received CE 0499 approval and the ISO 13485 standards are in accordance with European Directive 93/42.
One treatment, two actions:
A lifting action for immediate yet discreet results: As soon as the treatment is carried, the physician is able to redefine the focused area by compressing and lifting the tissue thanks to the bidirectional and re-absorbable cones.
A volumising and regenerative action for gradual and natural looking results: Over time Silhouette Soft® stimulates the regeneration of lost collagen to recapture youthful definition and restore volume. The result is a nuanced, soft and natural looking face.
Only Silhouette Soft® combines these dual procedures in a two-stage action never achieved before.
Local anaesthetic is applied to the face and Dr. Lina Kotecha inserts the Silhouette Soft® thread under the skin using a fine needle.
After inserting the thread, the doctor applies slight pressure on the treated area to reshape the surface of the skin and achieve the immediate lift.
Silhouette Soft® can be used to treat various parts of the face:
- Lower jaw
- Cheeks and cheekbones
The visible benefits of Silhouette Soft® treatment can last up to 18 months.
No special preparation is required prior to Silhouette Soft® treatment. However, we recommend that you discuss your expectations and ask any questions to Dr Lina Kotecha at your initial consultation and before you have any treatment. Inform Dr Lina Kotecha of any treatment you have already received and of any medicines you are currently taking.
After Silhouette Soft® treatment, as with any cosmetic treatment, some slight swelling, redness or bruising may sometimes be observed, but these disappear within days. There is sometimes some wrinkling of the skin (required for optimisation of the treatment) which disappears very quickly.
No, the treatment is performed under local anaesthetic of certain points of the area to be treated, so avoiding pain during insertion of the suture.
- Discomfort-some discomfort maybe experienced during the treatment. Pain and tenderness may occur at the injection points or along the track of the thread for a few days after treatment
- Bruising/swelling/infection-bruising or swelling of the treated area may occur. Skin infection is a possibility anytime a skin procedure is performed. Slight asymmetry, redness or visible threads may require additional treatment. The results may relax over time and additional treatment may be required
- Scarring & Pigmentation-Silhouette Soft® threads are inserted through small puncture wounds, which may take a few days to heal, but small scars, although unusual may occur. Temporary dimpling sometimes occurs at the puncture site and usually resolves within a few days. Healing maybe delayed by smoking, which is strongly discouraged. Changes in pigmentation are usually temporary, but on rare occasions, maybe permeant. Appropriate sun protection is very important (SPF 30 or greater).
- Damage to deeper structures. Deeper structures such as nerve, blood vessels and muscles maybe damaged during the course of the treatment. The potential for this to occur varies according to the location on the body the treatment is being performed. Injury to deeper structures maybe temporary or permanent.
- Allergic reactions. In rare cases, local allergies to suture material, or topical preparations have been reported. Allergic reactions may require additional treatment.
The Silhouette Soft® thread lift is not suitable for pregnant/breastfeeding women or anyone who suffers from severe allergies.
Full list of side effects, cautions and contraindications will be discussed at your face to face consultation.
Please note: Any injectable procedure will only be undertaken after your face to face consultation with Dr. Lina Kotecha, during which a full assessment will be carried out and full list of cautions and contraindications discussed.
- Mineral make up may be applied gently after 24hours
- Sleep face up, elevated on pillows (3-5 nights)
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing (5Days)
- Avoid over exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks)
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks)
- Do not use saunas or Turkish baths (3 weeks)
- Void dental surgery (3 weeks)
- Avoid facial massages and facial aesthetic treatments (4 weeks)
- Sarah Smile Essential
I didn't want to change my identity, just wanted to look less tired and I feel the wrinkle reduction injections helped me to do this.
- Joesephine Smile Essential
I wanted something enhanced my natural beauty and natural to me means that it is a better version of me, but still is me. I did this for me. It only matters that I see the difference.
- Marta Smile Essential
I've received so many compliments since my treatment, but what people say: you look good. You look happy.
- Mr FB (Oadby) Smile Essential
The team at Smile Essential have given me confidence which I never experienced from a dentist before. I cannot thank you enough for the treatment you have done for me. I would highly recommend you to everyone.
Mr FB (Oadby)
- Mrs HL (Western Park) Dear Shrik and staff
Lina, you have completely restored my faith in dentists; my new smile is so much better and I have really appreciated your sympathetic and caring approach - thank you!
Mrs HL (Western Park)
- Mr BS (Leicester Forest East)
Thank you so much for helping me get my smile back! It has made a tremendous difference to my self confidence.
Mr BS (Leicester Forest East)
- (HL, Oadby, Leicester)
You have completely restored my faith in dentists; my new smile is so much better and I have really appreciated your sympathetic approach. Thank you!!
(HL, Oadby, Leicester)
- (JL, Narborough, Leicestershire)
Thank you for the good work on my new 'cap' this year. I am very pleased with the fit and colour of my new tooth. It looks much better now.
(JL, Narborough, Leicestershire)
- (DI, Glenfield, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for your kindness during my treatment and restoring my faith in dentists.
(DI, Glenfield, Leicester)
- (KK, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Many thanks for reassuring me and your gentle caring approach.
- (ATB, Aylestone, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you so much for helping me to get my smile back! It was well worth the long stints in the chair even if I was the biggest coward! –thanks for your patience.
(ATB, Aylestone, Leicester)
- (KP, Rowley Fields, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for giving me my smile back. I can’t stop smiling now and my only regret is that I should have come to see you years ago!
(KP, Rowley Fields, Leicester)
- (LS and family, Enderby, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
The whole family have now been coming to the practice for over 5 years and the peace of mind together with the 1st class service you offer has been excellent.
(LS and family, Enderby, Leicester)
- (JP, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness which I appreciated so much. Bless you.
- (AH, Braunstone, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you so, so much for the dental treatment to make my front teeth look nicer. I feel much more confident in smiling with my new veneers. Thank you so much.
(AH, Braunstone, Leicester)
- (CD, Kibworth, Leicestershire) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for making me feel so relaxed when I came to see you for my fillings. Like many people the dentist is not my favourite place to visit but your calm manner put me totally at ease. I am very pleased with my new white fillings and look forward to my next appointment.
(CD, Kibworth, Leicestershire)