Colgate and the British Dental Association have partnered again this year to raise awareness of good oral health in children. Our dental practice Smile Essential is proud to be supporting this year's campaign and we hope to make a difference to Leicester children visiting our dental clinic.
Children of Leicester have the highest decay rate across the UK and we hope that participating in the programme we can educate all of the children visiting our practice.
Children’s teeth should last them a lifetime and this is the programmes ultimate goal. Ensuring children’s smiles last a lifetime by teaching them to become Tooth Defenders. Working together with our Smile Essential dental team to help your child become a lifelong Tooth Defender!
We aim to support the programme through colourful displays in our patient lounge, friendly information sheets for children and parents, tooth brushing charts, balloons and some friendly guidance from our highly trained dental team.
7 Steps to ensure your child’s smile lasts a lifetime:
1) Brush teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, before bed and on one other occasion
2) Supervise your child during tooth brushing until they are at least 7 years old
3) Just spit after tooth brushing, rinsing washes the fluoride protection away
4) If your dentist recommends a fluoride mouthwash, use this at a different time from tooth brushing to increase protection throughout the day
5) Reduce the amount and frequency of sugary food and drinks
6) Ensure you visit your dental professional regularly
7) Wear a mouthguard when playing sports
Meet the Tooth Defendershttps://youtu.be/Da1dCm7rsvk Top Tip You can help educate your child about healthy snacks and taking care of their teeth by letting them play some of these fun educational games: childrenstoothfriendlygames.co.uk. Specially designed to help engage your children to keep their teeth for life.
Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommendIt is particularly important for the people of Leicester to promote this message for the children in the county. According to an NHS report, over 50% of children in Leicester have dental decay compared to the national average of 27%. A shocking statistic, I’m sure you’ll agree. This year we will be holding a week children's week to help educate engage children and parents to better oral health. We will have an interactive zone where children can see just how much sugar is hidden in some of their favourite drinks. Dr Niket Patel commented “we're delighted to get involved in National Smile Month and try to promote good oral hygiene habits to children and parents. Good oral health should be important to everyone and we are always looking for ways to help improve the dental health of our patients."
If you follow us on Facebook (we hope you do!), then you will have seen that Lina has just returned from yet another advanced course. Lina was learning all about a different facial thread product called Elionce. We love the fact it can be used to lift and rejuvenate your facial structure. The results have been fantastic! Lina is the only provider of thread lifts in Leicester.
Here's what on offer: 25% SAVING on Botox treatment 25% SAVING on lip fillers 25% SAVING on cheek fillers 15% SAVING on 8 Point Face Lift MASSIVE £250 discount on Elionce thread lifts! Usually £995 but for the first 6 people £745!!!To take advantage of this offer simply give our friendly team a call to arrange your complimentary consultation and quote 'Hello Spring'. If you're one of our regular patients and just had treatment then don't worry you haven't missed out! As a thank you for choosing us you can still take advantage of this offer on your next treatment. All you have do is give us a call and pay a £30 deposit and book in when your usual treatment is due. Don't miss out on this offer by giving us a call on 0116 2891317
Smile Essential Dental Care PlanAlmost a thousand of our patients have now joined our practice membership plan - Smile Plan. It offers a simple way to budget for your dental care. Members benefits include:
- 6 monthly dental health checks. This includes a mouth cancer screening, all necessary x rays and photographs.
- 6 monthly hygiene appointments. These appointments with the dentist/hygienist include a thorough assessment of your gum health, fresh breath treatment, techniques to prevent gum disease, periodontal advice, and most of all, the thorough removal of built-up plaque that causes decay and a polish that refreshes your smile.
- 15% discount on most dental work you may require – including most cosmetic treatments.
- 12-month guarantee on all restorative work (provided due care has been taken).
- Priority appointments for your convenience.
- Same day assessment of dental emergencies and dental pain, when the practice is open.
- Dispensing of most antibiotics.
- Emergency call out*
- Dental insurance for treatment needed anywhere in the world as a result of accidental damage to your teeth*
- Worldwide emergency call-out*
- a pre-Christmas gift to yourself (yes, because you’re worth it!)
- making sure you look gorgeous for Christmas Day and beyond
- looking fresh and youthful for family you haven’t seen in a year
- hiding the fact that you’re actually shattered with all that rushing around
- giving yourself a little boost (if you look good, you feel good and vice versa)
- 1 area of Botox – was £180 now only £160
- 2 areas of Botox – was £220 now only £195
- 3 areas of Botox – was £295 now only £280
- Lip Augmentation for definition/volume was £355 now only £320
- Cheek Volumisation ranging was from £355 to £755 now only £320 to £650
- A massive 15% off Silhouette Soft thread lifts. Quotes available on request.
- Sarah Smile Essential
I didn't want to change my identity, just wanted to look less tired and I feel the wrinkle reduction injections helped me to do this.
- Joesephine Smile Essential
I wanted something enhanced my natural beauty and natural to me means that it is a better version of me, but still is me. I did this for me. It only matters that I see the difference.
- Marta Smile Essential
I've received so many compliments since my treatment, but what people say: you look good. You look happy.
- Mr FB (Oadby) Smile Essential
The team at Smile Essential have given me confidence which I never experienced from a dentist before. I cannot thank you enough for the treatment you have done for me. I would highly recommend you to everyone.
Mr FB (Oadby)
- Mrs HL (Western Park) Dear Shrik and staff
Lina, you have completely restored my faith in dentists; my new smile is so much better and I have really appreciated your sympathetic and caring approach - thank you!
Mrs HL (Western Park)
- Mr BS (Leicester Forest East)
Thank you so much for helping me get my smile back! It has made a tremendous difference to my self confidence.
Mr BS (Leicester Forest East)
- (HL, Oadby, Leicester)
You have completely restored my faith in dentists; my new smile is so much better and I have really appreciated your sympathetic approach. Thank you!!
(HL, Oadby, Leicester)
- (JL, Narborough, Leicestershire)
Thank you for the good work on my new 'cap' this year. I am very pleased with the fit and colour of my new tooth. It looks much better now.
(JL, Narborough, Leicestershire)
- (DI, Glenfield, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for your kindness during my treatment and restoring my faith in dentists.
(DI, Glenfield, Leicester)
- (KK, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Many thanks for reassuring me and your gentle caring approach.
- (ATB, Aylestone, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you so much for helping me to get my smile back! It was well worth the long stints in the chair even if I was the biggest coward! –thanks for your patience.
(ATB, Aylestone, Leicester)
- (KP, Rowley Fields, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for giving me my smile back. I can’t stop smiling now and my only regret is that I should have come to see you years ago!
(KP, Rowley Fields, Leicester)
- (LS and family, Enderby, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
The whole family have now been coming to the practice for over 5 years and the peace of mind together with the 1st class service you offer has been excellent.
(LS and family, Enderby, Leicester)
- (JP, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness which I appreciated so much. Bless you.
- (AH, Braunstone, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you so, so much for the dental treatment to make my front teeth look nicer. I feel much more confident in smiling with my new veneers. Thank you so much.
(AH, Braunstone, Leicester)
- (CD, Kibworth, Leicestershire) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for making me feel so relaxed when I came to see you for my fillings. Like many people the dentist is not my favourite place to visit but your calm manner put me totally at ease. I am very pleased with my new white fillings and look forward to my next appointment.
(CD, Kibworth, Leicestershire)