Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommendIt is particularly important for the people of Leicester to promote this message for the children in the county. According to an NHS report, over 50% of children in Leicester have dental decay compared to the national average of 27%. A shocking statistic, I’m sure you’ll agree. This year we will be holding a week children's week to help educate engage children and parents to better oral health. We will have an interactive zone where children can see just how much sugar is hidden in some of their favourite drinks. Dr Niket Patel commented “we're delighted to get involved in National Smile Month and try to promote good oral hygiene habits to children and parents. Good oral health should be important to everyone and we are always looking for ways to help improve the dental health of our patients."
If you follow us on Facebook (we hope you do!), then you will have seen that Lina has just returned from yet another advanced course. Lina was learning all about a different facial thread product called Elionce. We love the fact it can be used to lift and rejuvenate your facial structure. The results have been fantastic! Lina is the only provider of thread lifts in Leicester.
Here's what on offer: 25% SAVING on Botox treatment 25% SAVING on lip fillers 25% SAVING on cheek fillers 15% SAVING on 8 Point Face Lift MASSIVE £250 discount on Elionce thread lifts! Usually £995 but for the first 6 people £745!!!To take advantage of this offer simply give our friendly team a call to arrange your complimentary consultation and quote 'Hello Spring'. If you're one of our regular patients and just had treatment then don't worry you haven't missed out! As a thank you for choosing us you can still take advantage of this offer on your next treatment. All you have do is give us a call and pay a £30 deposit and book in when your usual treatment is due. Don't miss out on this offer by giving us a call on 0116 2891317
Smile Essential Dental Care PlanAlmost a thousand of our patients have now joined our practice membership plan - Smile Plan. It offers a simple way to budget for your dental care. Members benefits include:
- 6 monthly dental health checks. This includes a mouth cancer screening, all necessary x rays and photographs.
- 6 monthly hygiene appointments. These appointments with the dentist/hygienist include a thorough assessment of your gum health, fresh breath treatment, techniques to prevent gum disease, periodontal advice, and most of all, the thorough removal of built-up plaque that causes decay and a polish that refreshes your smile.
- 15% discount on most dental work you may require – including most cosmetic treatments.
- 12-month guarantee on all restorative work (provided due care has been taken).
- Priority appointments for your convenience.
- Same day assessment of dental emergencies and dental pain, when the practice is open.
- Dispensing of most antibiotics.
- Emergency call out*
- Dental insurance for treatment needed anywhere in the world as a result of accidental damage to your teeth*
- Worldwide emergency call-out*
- a pre-Christmas gift to yourself (yes, because you’re worth it!)
- making sure you look gorgeous for Christmas Day and beyond
- looking fresh and youthful for family you haven’t seen in a year
- hiding the fact that you’re actually shattered with all that rushing around
- giving yourself a little boost (if you look good, you feel good and vice versa)
- 1 area of Botox – was £180 now only £160
- 2 areas of Botox – was £220 now only £195
- 3 areas of Botox – was £295 now only £280
- Lip Augmentation for definition/volume was £355 now only £320
- Cheek Volumisation ranging was from £355 to £755 now only £320 to £650
- A massive 15% off Silhouette Soft thread lifts. Quotes available on request.
Today is the final day of National Smile Month 2016. National Smile Month is a month long campaign designed to create better public awareness about oral health. There are 3 main messages the campaign promotes.
• Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste.
• Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
• Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
If we are honest, maintaining a good level of oral health is a straight forward task. Many of us already know what’s required to keep our teeth in tip top condition. But we still choose to ignore the most basic day-to-day hygiene routines and put our health at risk.
A shocking number of people brush for less than two minutes, our diet as a nation has become over-reliant on added sugars while millions of us haven’t seen a dentist in the last two years.
Consequences of the above over a long period of time, often leads to unnecessary, invasive and expensive treatment. Most people aren’t aware of the direct impact our oral health problems can cause such as gum disease and tooth decay while the repercussions of poor oral health go further than our mouth.
Over the recent years more evidence has been gathered suggesting that poor oral health also puts you at an increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, dementia, complications during pregnancy and male sexual health problems are just a few of the likely outcomes of not looking after our teeth. Now that should have you running to to grab your toothbrush!
Your oral health
Brush twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste
Clean in-between your teeth once daily with floss or interdental brushes
Visit your dentist regularly
Chew sugar-free gum after eating or drinking, especially sugary foods, to help protect your teeth and gums in between meals.
Wait an hour after eating or drinking anything before brushing as then enamel will be softened and you could be brushing away tiny particles.
Avoid snacking and try to only have sugary foods and drinks at mealtimes, reducing the time your teeth come under attack.
Your childs oral health
Brush your child's teeth as soon as they appear with a toothpaste appropriate for their age.
Help your child to brush their teeth until they are at least seven.
Take your child to the dentist early, as soon as their teeth start to appear, this will help them get used to the sights, sounds and smells of a dental practice.
Use a timer or brush a long to a song to ensure your children are brushing for the correct amount of time.
Using a reward chart to track your children’s brushing habits and get them actively involved in brushing their teeth.
Using disclosing tablets are a great way to show areas of your children’s mouth which may need better brushing.
- Sarah Smile Essential
I didn't want to change my identity, just wanted to look less tired and I feel the wrinkle reduction injections helped me to do this.
- Joesephine Smile Essential
I wanted something enhanced my natural beauty and natural to me means that it is a better version of me, but still is me. I did this for me. It only matters that I see the difference.
- Marta Smile Essential
I've received so many compliments since my treatment, but what people say: you look good. You look happy.
- Mr FB (Oadby) Smile Essential
The team at Smile Essential have given me confidence which I never experienced from a dentist before. I cannot thank you enough for the treatment you have done for me. I would highly recommend you to everyone.
Mr FB (Oadby)
- Mrs HL (Western Park) Dear Shrik and staff
Lina, you have completely restored my faith in dentists; my new smile is so much better and I have really appreciated your sympathetic and caring approach - thank you!
Mrs HL (Western Park)
- Mr BS (Leicester Forest East)
Thank you so much for helping me get my smile back! It has made a tremendous difference to my self confidence.
Mr BS (Leicester Forest East)
- (HL, Oadby, Leicester)
You have completely restored my faith in dentists; my new smile is so much better and I have really appreciated your sympathetic approach. Thank you!!
(HL, Oadby, Leicester)
- (JL, Narborough, Leicestershire)
Thank you for the good work on my new 'cap' this year. I am very pleased with the fit and colour of my new tooth. It looks much better now.
(JL, Narborough, Leicestershire)
- (DI, Glenfield, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for your kindness during my treatment and restoring my faith in dentists.
(DI, Glenfield, Leicester)
- (KK, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Many thanks for reassuring me and your gentle caring approach.
- (ATB, Aylestone, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you so much for helping me to get my smile back! It was well worth the long stints in the chair even if I was the biggest coward! –thanks for your patience.
(ATB, Aylestone, Leicester)
- (KP, Rowley Fields, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for giving me my smile back. I can’t stop smiling now and my only regret is that I should have come to see you years ago!
(KP, Rowley Fields, Leicester)
- (LS and family, Enderby, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
The whole family have now been coming to the practice for over 5 years and the peace of mind together with the 1st class service you offer has been excellent.
(LS and family, Enderby, Leicester)
- (JP, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness which I appreciated so much. Bless you.
- (AH, Braunstone, Leicester) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you so, so much for the dental treatment to make my front teeth look nicer. I feel much more confident in smiling with my new veneers. Thank you so much.
(AH, Braunstone, Leicester)
- (CD, Kibworth, Leicestershire) Dear Shrik and staff
Thank you for making me feel so relaxed when I came to see you for my fillings. Like many people the dentist is not my favourite place to visit but your calm manner put me totally at ease. I am very pleased with my new white fillings and look forward to my next appointment.
(CD, Kibworth, Leicestershire)